Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pieces

Sorry for yet another long absence but tech issues and other RL issues have conspired to keep me with little free time. I will have a full craft post up on Tuesday for my latest critter creation but I had another project I'm working on that made me think of something else that I've learned as I've picked up crocheting.

That is to think of thinks in pieces.

Learning how to make different animals and characters started with learning how to make basic shapes. balls and cones and rods that kind of things. Really there is only about 6 or 7 shapes you need to learn to be able to lean to be able to make most things. Everything else seems to be layering and linking those shapes and with some practice you'll be able to see the pieces that you need to break things down into.

for example what is this a part of?



or what about this?


it takes a lot of practice to figure out the shapes you need to make but in my experience it's just as teachable as learning the proper stitches. I probably should mention that when it comes to more artistic things like drawing or painting I can't do that at all but I can colour and do paint by numbers and once you learn the shapes you need to make and how to adjust them for different situations you can make what ever you want.

Now as for the above pictures can anyone guess what they are from? well the second one is part of my project that I will have up on Tuesday but the other is a work in progress that I may have to set aside for a while due to needing to get Christmas gifts started and i've had a request for angry bird's plushies from my nephew.

so I'll give you a little hint to what that first one is.



Can you find that shape in this picture. it should be fairly easy.

That's all for me and here's hoping that i get back to doing this regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment