Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Live delay

Now this has been a week that I'd love to take back. Though I suppose in the end it was a productive week just not productive on the things I had planed and wanted to do. The first thing that went to the way side was blogging then crafting and then my diet went out the window due to having no energy to make real food and then my husband brings home donuts and McDonald's on two different days.

Ironically this problem would have been nothing if we had seen it earlier though i don't suppose that's really ironic as most problems are that way. The problem being that gunk had built up in our AC unit in the bed room and had made the condensation it made not drain out onto the ground but into the window. The problem being we didn't notice right away as there is a desk and short book case in front of that window. It was only when the water seeped through the carpet to the front of the case the we were able to realize what a problem we had. cleaning the gunk out of the AC wasn't that hard as the hose did wonders with it  but the mess made in the house was another matter. It's only today that the carpet is dry and there was a huge amount of work involved in getting the book case moved to a new part of the room and all the papers sorted and organized. The latter had needed to be done for some time and always got put aside as it was always a self contained pocket of clean clutter.

So yes  was productive in getting that off my to do list and I'm likely going to move some other things around to keep this from ever happening again and may even look into steam cleaning the carpet because it feels rough after being damp.

The only crafting I've gotten done around all this was putting my finishing touches on my Desert Bus craft along items which I now have bundled up to ship and putting the pieces together on this little guy.


Yup that's a Coke bear with a crocheted coke bottle. I'm quite pleased with how he's turned out. This particular bear is a gift for a friend as I'm likely going to make a lot of Christmas gifts this year or at least part of the gift if I do buy something else.

This coming week should see the posts going back to normal with something going up on Thursday about my diet getting back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment